Enrichment & Experience
Building in opportunities to explore, experience and enrich leaning underpins the development of cultural capital. This is a core part of our school ethos. We are a smaller, rural school which makes the importance of these wider experiences even more important to our young people and families.
Coupled with our 'Curious Curriculum' and the high quality collaborations that we have locally. regionally, Nationally and Globally, we can offer our pupils the opportunity to learn without limits.
The ‘Egloskerry Primary School Experience’
Here are some examples of the amazing events and things that we get up to;
- Themed, Community ‘Celebration’ Days e.g. Antarctica Day, Hobbit Day, Mad Hatter’s Tea Party
- Christmas Plays e.g. Narnia, The Mousehole Cat, and Nativities with a theme e.g. Donkeys!
- School Council Meetings
- Fetes and fundraising events e.g. Christmas Fete, cake sales
- 100% of our children take part in clubs, see our ‘Sports Premium Page’
- Numeracy Afternoons and workshops for parents
- Whole School Trips e.g. The Eden Project
- Key Stage 2 overnight trips e.g. London, Camp Kernow
- The Greenpower Goblin Project – Race Days (including Goodwood Motor Circuit!)
- Outdoor and Adventurous Activities e.g Camp Kernow
- Forest Schools & Outdoor Learning
- PE specialist coaches for curriculum and clubs e.g. Bikeability, PAFC
- Activity Weeks e.g. Health and Wellbeing
- Harvest Festival performances and links to our local church
- Links to our local police force e.g. Speedwatch, Internet Safety
Bachelor's Hall - our MAT outdoor residential center
Y6 pupils across the MAT Primary schools have a residential in September 2020. Further details of this amazing provision can be found by clicking the Bachelor's Hall logo. Also available for hire.